Ram Truck today (finally) announced pricing for its eagerly awaited new 2017 Ram Power Wagon 4×4 Crew Cab. The Ram Power Wagon, the most capable off-road truck in America – says Ram – will have a starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $51,695.
Built on a Ram 2500 platform, the 2017 Power Wagon gets a new look – inside and out – to match its one-of-a-kind capabilities, offering a heavy-duty interpretation of the popular Ram 1500 Rebel’s unique design.
The 2017 Power Wagon shows new grille and tailgate designs that ably complement nostalgic graphics borrowed from the Macho Power Wagon designs of 1979 and 1980. On the inside, the Power Wagon interior borrows from the Ram 1500 Rebel off-road full-size pickup by adding new tire-tread-embossed seats with Power Wagon logo embroidery on the upper bolsters.
The 2017 Ram Power Wagon offers unique, segment-leading off-road equipment that includes:
- 12,000-pound Warn winch
- Bilstein mono-tube shocks
- Five-link rear coil spring suspension
- Smart Bar electronic disconnecting sway bar
- Electric locking front and rear differentials
- 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires
- Complete under-chassis armor
- 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 with 410 horsepower and 429 lb.-ft. of torque
- Tow hooks (presumably to drag Raptors out of the goo…)
Ram Power Wagon’s off-road capabilities include 14.3-inch ground clearance, 26 inches of wheel travel and 30 inches of water fording to get you wherever you want (or need ) to go. All you need to bring is your courage.
Adding in delivery and prep of $1,320, the Ram 2500 prices at $53,015.
Power Wagon Premium Package in leather
The Power Wagon is appointed with the standard trappings and features of the upper trim level Ram 2500 Laramie. However, for those wanting more luxury in their off-road heavy duty, there is $4,495 Leather & Luxury option package available for Ram Power Wagon buyers. In addition to a leather-appointed interior, other premium features include:
- Uconnect Access 8.4 Sirius XM satellite radio with touchscreen display
- Nine Alpine speakers with subwoofer
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control
- Heated and ventilated high-back leather-trimmed 40/20/40 front bench seats with armrest and seat cushion storage
- Power 10-way adjustable driver seat with memory, 6-way front passenger seat
- Power lumbar adjustment
- Heated steering wheel
- Rear 60/40 split folding seat with flat load floor and under-seat storage
- Parksense front and rear park assist system
- Parkview rear backup camera
- Power-folding mirrors
- Security alarm
- Integrated voice command with Bluetooth
Power Wagon Equipment Package on Tradesman too
Ram also announced that they will be offering a Ram 2500 Power Wagon Equipment Package on the Tradesman 4×4 Crew Cab model for those wanting an alternative to buying a Laramie level Ram 2500 in order to get those segment-leading off-road capability features
Some of the package features include:
- Hill-descent Control
- Tow Hooks
- Transfer Case Skid Plates
- Bilstein Shocks
- Limited Slip Differential
- Wheel Flares
- 18-inch On-/Off-road Tires (20-inch optional)
- Off-road Decals
The Ram 2500 Tradesman 4×4 Crew Cab has an MSRP of $38,545. Adding the “Power Wagon Package increases the price by $8,450 to $46,995. With delivery and prep, the Tradesman with the Power Wagon Package prices at $48,315. Too cheap.