Congratulations to RAM and their 3rd consecutive winning of the Truck of Texas.
We’ll have much more on the results and first hand accounts from the Rodeo, but wanted to make sure and do a quick shout-out to the Ram brand and all of our friends at the Chrysler Group.
2014 Ram 1500
Ram 1500 – the most recognizable pickup on the road – delivers best-in-class fuel economy of 18 MPG city and 25 MPG highway with a truckload of pioneering, fuel-saving systems including a fuel efficient and powerful 3.6-liter V-6 engine and first-in-segment technologies: TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, stop-start system, thermal management system, pulse-width modulation and active aerodynamics, including grille shutters and air suspension. For 2014, the Ram 1500 offers a new, 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine that delivers an outstanding combination of best-in-class fuel efficiency – greater than 25 miles per gallon (mpg) – unsurpassed torque and up to 9,200 pounds of towing capability.
Chrysler Group LLC Dominates the 21st Annual Texas Truck Rodeo Winning 15 of 24 Awards
October 14, 2013 , San Antonio, Texas – Once again, Ram Truck, Jeep® and Dodge brand vehicles have taken top honors at the annual Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) Texas Truck Rodeo.
More than 40 TAWA members cast their votes this weekend after a two-day competition involving on- and off-road vehicle evaluations. While capability is an important element considered by the auto group, the organization also pays close attention to design, utility, value and technology.
“The Ram, Jeep and Dodge brands from Chrysler Group clearly impressed our TAWA members at this year’s event, said Michael Marrs, TAWA president. “There’s no doubt that innovative powertrains, impressive design and new technologies are paying off for these brands.” A total of 63 pickups, SUVs and crossover vehicles were entered in this year’s rodeo.
Chrysler Group vehicles receiving awards at the 21st annual TAWA Texas Truck Rodeo were:
- Truck of Texas: 2014 Ram 1500
- SUV of Texas: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Full-size Truck of Texas: 2014 Ram 1500
- Heavy Duty Truck of Texas: 2014 Ram 2500
- Luxury Truck of Texas: 2014 Ram 1500
- Commercial Vehicle of Texas: 2014 Ram ProMaster
- Truck Line of Texas: Ram Trucks
- Compact SUV of Texas: 2014 Jeep Cherokee
- Full-size SUV of Texas: 2014 Dodge Durango
- Mid-Size SUV of Texas: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Luxury Mid-size SUV of Texas: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
- Off-road Utility Vehicle of Texas: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
- Best Powertrain: Jeep/Ram 3.0L EcoDiesel
- Best Connectivity: Chrysler Group UConnect
- Best Technology: Ram 2500 five-link coil rear suspension
Check out more News and Reviews on Ram Trucks »