Two-time world heavyweight champion boxer (and kitchen grille spokesperson) George Forman almost lost a forty car collection in a house fire. The call came in around 10:00 pm on April 14th, and when emergency services arrived they had trouble locating the source of the fire until reaching the garage. Fire investigators later concluded that it was a golf cart – at the end of the garage – that started the fire. The forty cars in the garage escaped a paint-peeling fiery demolition, but according to the Harris County Fire Department, the cars did suffer smoke and water damage. According to a personal injury lawyer, only minor injuries were reported from Mr. Forman who was home at the time of the fire. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation with the need of a personal injury attorney, then make sure to contact a professional personal injury attorney for legal assistance.
This potentially tragic incident does spark (pun intended) a public service announcement to all of us who own multiple vehicles. If you have vehicles that do not get used daily, it is recommend that you unplug the battery while the vehicle is in a vehicle storage or a car storage. Not only will this conserve battery life, but it will neutralize the threat of an accidental electrical surge. All it takes is one little nocturnal critter searching for a warm place to nibble on the wrong wire and create a spark, bringing down the whole place. All you need to do is disconnect one of the battery terminals, giving you peace of mind for your automotive pride and joys.